Hey- I’m Knox- I’m 3. Maybe you remember me. Its been a while since I’ve been able to write about life as I know it… so here I am. Back again.
Its been so long since I was able to sit down and write that I should fill you in on a few things. First of all- I’m 3 and in preschool and loving every minute of it. The twins- yeah, they’re still around and they are 2 (and craaazzzyy). Didi (Lucy) is in 5th grade and Charlie (Aiden) is in high school now and I LOVE hanging out with him and his friends.
So this post is all about me. Yup, just me. Thought I would fill you in on a few of my favorite things to do:
- TAG-TEAM: Many of you know I used to like to pick on the twins. Especially Grif (only because he cries all.the.time). But its crazy. One day it just happened. I realized Grif was bigger than me. And he bites. And he can fight back. So I don’t pick on them (as much… let’s be honest… I still do, sometimes) and instead I have learned that I can get a lot more accomplished if there is more than just me. So I recruit them. Like when I need to reach the fish food on the shelf, or dump toys and electronics into the fish tank, or get food or candy I’m not supposed to, or fill up cups of water and dump them on the floor… you get it. It definitely helps having power in numbers. The twins are pretty helpful when it comes to this stuff.
- PAINT: I’m super good at painting. Painting with paint, water, play-doh. I paint on paper or walls. Anything works, really. Play-doh on walls works really well (and I guess is super hard to get off of walls- who knew?)
- HAMSTER HELPER: Didi got a new pet. I want a pet too. Mom says no. So instead, I try to help Didi as much as possible with her new pet. Her name is Ginger. Didi keeps her door locked now so I can’t get in to check on Ginger anymore. I used to check on her while Didi was at school, and one day Ginger looked lonely so I got her out to play with her and she just ran away. She came back to dad though and crawled into his hand, which is good. I was worried. But ever since then- I’m not allowed in Didi’s room. So now I have my own pretend Hamster named Ginger that I take care of (though she isn’t as fun as the real one). She lives in one of mom’s bird cages on the shelf and I like
- FISH FEEDER: So Charlie has a bunch of fish in our house and I’m really good at feeding them. Fish are hungry. A lot. So I feed them as much as I can, whenever I can. I even put in some toys and XBOX remotes one day for them to play with, but mom wasn’t happy. Have you ever tried fish food? Its not that bad.
- OUTDOOR EXPLORER: Being outside is my favorite. I love being outside. I love to go for walks and see new things like the diggers at the end of the street and talk to my next door neighbor Mr. Franklin. He’s one of my favorite people. He has a cane and just laughs at whatever I say. I told my mom I want a cane like that for my birthday. I also can open doors now and have tried to go for a walk a couple times on my own, but mom doesn’t seem to think that’s a good idea.
- SUPERSTAR: I guess mom and dad used to like to karaoke a lot. So mom set up their old karaoke machine in our basement and it has TWO WORKING MICROPHONES! Griffin and I are really good at singing duets. Our two favorites right now are Happy Birthday and Go Cubs Go. Do you know how loud it can get when him and I are both yelling into the microphones? So loud. Its awesome. We also have some pretty intense dance parties and Whitney is a really good dancer.
So those are just a few of the things I like to do to keep me busy. I love my family and love hanging out with my older siblings and get super excited when dad comes home from work. The twins are ok, but still get in the way sometimes… ok, they get in the way a lot. And even though my mom gets upset sometimes, I love snuggling with her and giving her lots of hugs and kisses. She loves snuggles (and taking deep breaths and reminding herself that this is all a phase and that it goes by too quickly).