Well its been awhile since my mom has let me update this thing. Can’t imagine why. The twins are on the move. And by “on the move”, I mean “tag team partners that climb, fall, walk, run, roll, hide, and move… sometimes together…but usually in opposite directions making it entertaining to watch mom and dad reel them back in”
See, its funny… they think they are big. Like me. They aren’t. But I let them think they are. So they copy what I do. Which never ends well. Griffin usually ends up in tears. The kid is always crying. I take great pride in knowing exactly what to do to push his button. It really doesn’t take much. Sometimes just a quick chase down the hall is enough to bring the tear flowing. Mom gets mad. Thankfully the kid hasn’t figured out he is as big as me yet.
Whitney- well- I try not to mess with her. She’s some kind of crazy. I try to do the same things to her that I do to Griffin, but then usually I’m the one that ends up crying. Embarrassing to admit, but its true. Mom and Dad keep saying she’s tiny but mighty. And they say she’ll beat anyone up that tries to mess with Griffin. Thankfully she hasn’t tried to beat me up yet. I mean – I could totally take her…right… totally… Anyway- she feisty when she actually lets dad put her down. Its crazy… she has dad wrapped around her finger. He literally tries to set her down for two seconds to do something and she hits the floor like an angry elf and sure enough, he picks her right back up. Her game is on! Maybe she’ll give me lessons…hmmmm….
Charlie and DeeDee (you know them as Aiden and Lucy) are probably the best big brother and sister ever. They let me hang out with them and do big kid stuff. I help Charlie feed his fish and get to sit in DeeDees room with her and watch TV. They say its so I don’t get in trouble from mom. I think its because I’m a cool kid and they just want to hang out with me. I watch out the window every day for them to get off the bus and miss them when they aren’t home.
So because its been so long- I’ve decided to make a Top 10 list of sorts. The Top 10 things in the Hard-Knocks Life of Knox right now:
- The Pantry. Not only is it stacked with food, but now mom and dad only keep the food on the top shelves and the bottom shelves are totally empty. Don’t worry. I figured out how to climb it. (as are all the other shelves that are low to the ground in our house… all empty… hmm… wonder what’s going on).
- The Front Door. It opens. I can open it. I can open it half naked and run down the sidewalk. I run fast. Have you ever seen mom sprinting frantically down the sidewalk chasing a half naked boy? You should. Its funny. (Hint: best time to attempt this is when she’s in the middle of changing a messy diaper…trust me…I know)
- The Toilet. I can go on it. When I want to. Its a really fun guessing game for mom and dad. Whitney’s starting to mimic me. Dad thinks she will be potty trained before me. That’s what he thinks. I’m really potty trained. I just like to make life interesting.
- The iPad. Mom lets me watch it a lot when she’s “working”. Fine with me. There are these great songs about Mommy Fingers and Daddy Fingers that I listen to on REPEAT! They’re the best. And the videos with kids opening up toys. Genius. Kids open toys. That’s it! And they’re all over YouTube. All day. Every day.
- Mud. And Rocks. And Dirt. And Ants. And Worms. Worms are my favorite. I save them when it rains. But you shouldn’t eat them. That’s gross. I tell everyone.
- Naps. Mom wanted me to write this so I remember this one day. She has Griffin and Whitney and I all taking 2 to 3 hour naps at the same time. Of course, its when the babysitters are here and mom is at work. But she seems to think this won’t last long and wants me to remember when I loved naps.
- My Birthday. Mom keeps saying its coming up. She’s been saying that for awhile. I’m having a Captain America Birthday party with a very specific invite list and a chocolate Batman Cake. I just keep walking around singing Happy Birthday until it actually happens.
- Chocolate. Except I never get it anymore. Mom says I’m crazy when I have chocolate. I love chocolate. Chocolate’s my favorite. And sugar. Does syrup have sugar in it? Then yes. That’s my favorite, too.
- Stroller Strides. Mom started a new company and we get to go workout with her. We sing songs while the moms work out. I play games and eat a lot of snacks. I love yelling really loud when she’s teaching (I actually love teaching the class but she won’t let me) and then as soon as class is over, we talk about how it was such a fun Stroller Strides class. Griffin, Whitney and I each have our own stroller at home, so we get to have our own classes when get home. I have a lot of muscles and can do a lot of pushups.
- My family. I love to play with dad, wear his baseball hat, and ride in his car. Mom gives me snuggles and takes me outside. Charlie lets me feed his fish and hang out with him building trains. DeeDee watches out for me and tries to keep me from getting into timeouts. Whitney is alright. She thinks I’m funny and laughs at me as long as I’m not picking on her. And Griffin is alright too. He’s finally not a baby anymore and will play with me now. But he still cries a lot when he doesn’t do what I want and I have to hit him or take a toy away to get him to listen. But he will learn one day. I do love to make them all laugh. They think I will be the class clown… like my dad.
Life as a big brother to twins is hard… but someone’s got to do it. Hopefully mom will let me on here some more so I can keep you all up to date on them and all their craziness.